- Live Shopping (Pty) Ltd and its subsidiaries believe that your personal information is your most valuable asset and that it should be protected.
- We are a digital live shopping mall who works with brands to make their content shoppable.
“Personal Information”, and “process/processing” bear the same meanings as set out in POPI.
“we”, “us” or “our” refers to LS.
“you” and “your” refers to every person that accesses or uses our Platforms also referred to as a user.
“registered user(s)” refers to anyone registered on our Platforms and has provided us with a unique username and password as well as other Personal Information in order to order goods on our Platforms.
- INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
LS processes Personal Information in a manner that is reasonable, adequate, relevant, non-excessive and purpose-specific. In order for users to access and use our Platforms we collect and process some Personal Information. When you become a registered user, we have to collect and process your Personal Information to render our services to you.
- We may collect certain information that is not Personal Information such as your operating system, browser type, and Internet service provider. This type of information does not identify you personally.
- We may also collect information, including Personal Information, in other ways including through carrying out demographic research.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research and forecasting purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- We may also collect information (which may include Personal Information) that our users provide, such as reviews and keyword searches.
When you register to use our Platforms, we may collect the following Personal Information:
- Name and surname;
- Email address;
- Physical address;
- Billing address;
- Mobile phone number;
- Online identifiers;
- Date of birth; and/or
- Identification number.
Should your Personal Information change or you wish to amend and/or correct this Personal Information you can do this by updating your registered user information in your account profile.
You warrant that the information you have provided is accurate, current, true and correct and that does not impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or anything.
Information from using our Platforms
- When you access our Platforms, whether or not you are a registered user of LS, we process some of your Personal Information. Depending on how you access and use our Platforms, we may receive:
- log information, through online identifiers, including information on how, when and for how long you use our Platforms and other services, the content you view and search queries you submit.
- information about the equipment you use to access or use our Platforms, including the type of device you are using, how you access our Platforms, your browser or operating system and your Internet Protocol address.
- the geographic location from which you accessed our Platforms, including your device’s global positioning system signal and information about nearby wifi networks and cell towers. We get this information when you use location-enabled services.
- other information about you from third parties, such as social media.
- Where you provide us with Personal Information relating to a third-party data subject (for example, your customers and/or clients), you warrant that you have obtained all necessary consents from such data subject, including the data subject’s consent for you to share such Personal Information with LS to process. We shall protect, store and process this Personal Information in the same manner and equal level of security as Personal Information about you.
- HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED AND DISCLOSED
We process the Personal Information we collect and receive to
- identify you;
- verify your identity;
- create a user account for you;
- enter into a contract with you;
- As a registered user, we also process your Personal Information in order to:
- fulfill our contractual obligations to you when you have ordered goods in order for us to deliver those goods and process returns.
- provide you with information, products or services you request from us.
- communicate with you regarding our Platforms and provide you with information, products or services, including billing, customer support, resolving complaints and quality control.
- send you information about competitions, products or services that may interest you (unless you have opted out of receiving such information).
- get feedback from you which we need to develop our products and services and grow our business.
- comply with any legal or regulatory obligations such as tax or financial laws.
- undertake research and statistical purposes. The research and statistics we get from this process do not include your Personal Information and cannot be linked to you, nor can you be identified from these statistics.
- PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We recognize that protecting your privacy is important to you. For this reason, we are committed to protecting the Personal Information you provide in a variety of ways.
- We will –
- treat your Personal Information as strictly confidential;
- take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your Personal Information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
- promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information;
- upon your request, promptly return or destroy any and all of your Personal Information in our possession or control.
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as is necessary to achieve the purpose for which this information was collected or subsequently processed. If your Personal Information is used for more than one purpose, we will retain it until the purpose with the latest period expires but we will stop using it for the purpose with a shorter period once that period expires.
By accessing and using the Platform, you consent to us retaining records of your Personal Information for no longer than may be necessary to achieve the purpose for which the information was initially collected or subsequently processed.
- STORAGE AND SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We will do our best to protect your Personal Information, and we will use technology that will help us to do this, however, the transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our Platforms and we cannot accept any liability for the safeguards and security measures implemented by you and/or your internet service provider. Any transmission of your information to our Platforms is entirely at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- USER TRACKING COOKIES
- Make our Platforms more user friendly.
- Personalise your interactions with our Platforms, tailor our services and Platforms to your interests and needs, and ensure they work on your device.
- Provide advertising that is relevant to you, limit the number of times you see the same advertisement and measure the effectiveness of the advertisements on our Platforms and other websites, based on your online activities such as the websites and apps you use or content you view, and information we have about you.
- Send Opt-In marketing communication if you are not a registered user.
- We will not use your Personal Information for any other purpose without your permission.
- IF YOU ARE BELOW THE AGE OF 18
- If you are below the age of 18 years, you must always get permission from your parent or guardian before you use our Platforms or give us your Personal Information. We may check that your parent or guardian has given you such permission, for example by asking you to provide us with your parent’s or guardian’s contact details so we can contact them. We may also check that the contact details you have given us are correct and are the details of a person who is actually your parent or guardian. If we are not able to verify such permission or if a parent or guardian confirms that you do not have their permission, you may not use our Platforms.
- YOUR RIGHTS
- It is very important to us that you are aware of your rights when it comes to your personal information and we therefore need to inform you of the following options:
- you may enquire what personal information about you we hold and process;
- you may ask us to update, correct and/or delete your personal information;
- you may unsubscribe from any of our direct marketing communication;
- you may object to us processing your personal information.